Saturday, November 3, 2012

Trick or Treat and Other Happenings

Another week has come and gone! Holy smokes! I had intentions of sitting down and blogging a few times this week but somehow something else always came up.

I started Week 1 of the Bridge to 10k program today. If I keep up with it I will be running 60 minutes straight by the end of the 6 weeks. That seems like an unbelievably long time but I would really like to say that I can run 10k, and when I started the 5k program I never thought I would be able to run 30 minutes straight and I did that, so there is hope I think.



Halloween was on Wednesday. The kids had a blast. I personally hate everything about Halloween. Its cute to see them dress up but that's about it. It was so cold too so they didn't go out for long. -8 and sleet. Definitely not as nice as years past. I was lucky enough to get candy duty while Nathan took them trick or treating.

The boys had Thursday off from school as they do annually on November 1st (smart school). We just kicked around home and enjoyed staying warm as it was freezing rain and the roads were a mess. Kids were off the wall by the end of the day but what can you really expect when you load them up with sugar and keep them penned up in the house?

Friday we headed to Calgary for the day as I had my 1 year follow up appointment with my plastic surgeon, so we pulled the boys out of school for the day and made a family trip out of it. Took them to the big fancy mall with the Bass Pro Shop. I think they enjoyed it.. though April wouldn't walk so Nathan ended up carrying her the whole way because we forgot the stroller. By the end of it we were all exhausted and all 3 kids slept for a good hour on the way home ( April slept the entire 2.5 hours). Unfortunately my plastic surgeon doesn't like the look of my scars though and wants to revise them on December 10th. Not over the moon about being cut open again but I will be happy if it makes them less noticeable.

Today was a lazy day. On some strange miracle the kids let me sleep in until 10. Not sure how it happened but I will attribute it to bags of halloween candy and the new squinkies that Colin bought with his birthday money last night. This weather we've been having is leaving me really drained though. We haven't seen the sun in quite a few days. It was quite warm today though and I was able to sneak my last run of week 1 in today. Nathan worked until 4:30 so the kids and I just hung around home, and I finished my book "The Maze Runner".

No comments: