Thursday, October 25, 2012

Life

Its been an awfully long time since Ive blogged. I wish I was more consistent with it. I am going to try to commit to blogging at least once per week. Whats going on in my life these days? Well I am glad you asked :-p. Things seem to have gotten really busy and I am struggling with that. I am the kind of person who needs lots of down time or I feel like I'm drowning. These last few weeks have been a bit too busy for my liking. Joel started curling and Colin started soccer and they play on the same day every second week or so. I also volunteered to be on the curling board and do the attendance. I like it but its just another thing that I feel like I have stacked on my plate. I really shouldn't complain. I am blessed to be able to stay at home and I just have April at home now and so I have more time than 99% of people.

About 10 weeks ago I started the couch to 5k program. Its essentially a program that gets you from never running a day in your life to being able to run 30 minutes straight after 9 weeks. I used to hate running.. and when i say hate I mean absolutely despise it with every fiber of my being. But now I love it! I look forward to it. I cannot wait to get out there and see what I can do! I have never been so proud of myself in my whole entire life! My last run is this Friday and then I will be considered a graduate! I injured my leg a bit and have been seeing a physio therapist for a few weeks now to get it back to where it was. He has diagnosed me with tendonitis which I am told can be a bit of a tricky injury to heal. But its not the stress fracture that I thought it was so that's incredibly relieving! Its been a big learning experience!

 April is such a sassy little thing. She is full of personality. She knows what she wants out of life and wont stop until she gets it. She is in the princess faze right now, and her favorite princess's are Tiana and Ariel. She loves to dress up and would wear her princess dresses before the rest of her clothes all the time if I let her. She's a real sweet heart most of the time, but watch out if shes tired or hungry. She likes to use words such as poopy and hate to describe things. I think the first one definitely is influence of having 2 older brothers.

 Colin turned 6 last Saturday and we celebrated by going to the movie "Hotel Transylvania" and having a sleep over with his cousin Drew and his friend Jaxon. It was a lot of fun other than the boys waking up at 5:00 am. That made for some tired cranky boys especially after going to bed at nearly 10 the night before. Oh well.. that's what makes the memories.. right?

 Joel.. hmm what is new with Joel. Not too much really. Same old sweet sensitive.. and a little bit bossy boy that he has always been. He's been really enjoying his curling and he is also on the cross country team at school with Colin. I don't hear much from either boy about it, but I am just happy they are getting involved in things. He's in grade 3 now and says he wants to be a scientist who studies rocks when he gets older. I'm sure it will probably change though. That's the unit they are working on in school right now.

 Nathan has also started running and I am so proud of him! He has kept it up with me and it gives us something in common. It helps us both stay motivated and its also nice to have someone to talk to about it.

No comments: