Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to You!

My Baby Boy turned 5 years old yesterday! Where has the time gone? I swear it was just yesterday when I held him for the first time and I became a mommy for the first time! How did he get big enough to walk and talk and not just talk but TALK and TALK and TALK. How is it I now have 3 children? Where did all the time go?

My Joel.. how I love you! What a gift and a blessing it is to be your Mommy! You are such a special and wonderful boy! You have such a sensitive spirit. Things affect you very easily. It was only a couple short weeks ago that you broke into hysterics when Great Grandma and Grandpa had to leave. You had everyone else crying right along with you. It sounded as if your poor little heart was broken. What a wonderful gift to have such a heart, my dear son.

You love people. You are so social and you love to be the center of attention. You love to make people laugh and will try just about anything to get people giggling. Ever since the time you were about 3 months old your laugh would get people laughing. We used to be walking through a store and you would start giggling and the whole store would be giggling right along with you.

You are a very artistic and creative. It always amazes me when you draw something. I can't even draw as well as you, not that that says all that much :), and you are only 5 years old. When you were about 2 years old you drew a man on a bicycle.. and it looked exactly like that, a man on a bicycle. I am not too sure where this talent came from. It definitely wasn't Daddy or I.

I love you so much, Joel! You were one of the best gifts and blessings that God ever bestowed upon me. Some of the very best gifts in this life time are those that surprise us. You were the best surprise I ever received. You made me a mommy!

1 comment:

Kate said...

how beautiful!


when did our babies stop being babies?! happy 5th birthday joel!