Friday, July 10, 2009

This is One Tough Gig

Well here I am at Friday.. what was supposed to be the end of my week without Nathan. I am exhausted, frazzled and feeling very frustrated, so you will have to bare with me on this post. If you are not wanting to listen to someone whine and complain I suggest you tune out for this one. Its 11 am and I just put the kids down for a nap. They don't usually nap this early but I didn't want to see any of them for a couple of hours. I should be napping myself but I just need more than 5 minutes to myself.. without someone. I love my kids but since April has been born I have had very little time without one of them attached to my hip or needing something. I don't even get to sleep in my own bed alone anymore because if I want to sleep for more than half an hour in a row I am better off to just bring April into bed with me. I am exhausted, and feeling very down on myself. This mothering business is HARD.. I have never felt like such a failure in my entire life. I have never wanted to do something perfect more in my life but I feel like I fail more at being these 3 little ones mother more than I have ever failed at anything in my entire life. I guess thats why they say that this is the hardest job on earth.

Praise God.. it is silent in my house right now. It appears they may all sleep for me. What a miracle! Okay time to take a deep breath and gather myself together again. Count to 3 and take a deep breath. Oh there's the baby again. Back to reality again. Dear God please give me the strength to make it through the rest of this week without falling into a big heap and falling apart. I need your strength to make it through this.

Well if you made it through this post with me.. thank you. If not I totally understand.

1 comment:

Lisa@saltandlightstudio said...

We mothers are terribly hard on ourselves, sometimes deservedly so but most often we create more stress in a situation than is necessary by beating ourselves up about every little thing.

Take heart friend, all of your good mommy moments (and there are lots and lots of them)far outweigh the bad.

Trust me. I know you and know exactly the kind of terrific mommy you are.

Hang in there friend.

Lisa