Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Yesterday morning I was upstairs getting ready for the day. Both Colin and Joel were with me and we got to talking about the baby growing in mommy's tummy. 

Joel says to me "Mommy I want a sister."  

So I told him that he could pray and tell God that he was hoping for a sister. I said that wouldn't necessarily guarantee that I was going to have a baby girl, but he could definitely let God know what he was hoping for. 

So he went to his room to get dressed for the day. He comes back a couple minutes later and says to me "Mommy I am not going to get a baby sister because God doesn't hear me. I don't have the MAGIC words."  

LOL! I tried to keep back from bursting out laughing and told him that it didn't matter what words he said to God that he could hear him.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

We have taught Hannah the same thing: That God chooses what kind of baby we get.

We have also been teaching her to pray and talk to God. One night she didnt want to pray, so I told her that God could hear her even if she whispers. Now she whispers to God all the time, like she's telling secrets! So cute!

I love the way kids view the world. Its very refreshing and honest and open.