Friday, October 24, 2008

Picture of Baby Bean


Here is a picture of our beautiful baby, well I think so, at 7 weeks 1 day. This was taken this afternoon at my emergency ultrasound, more about that in a minute. Baby bean is measuring 3 days behind what I thought I should be, so my new due date is June 11, 2009, which also happens to be Nathan and my 4th wedding anniversary. The heart-rate is 131 bpm. As far as can be seen at this point, baby is healthy and well and I am ecstatic!

Now about my emergency ultrasound. The story basically starts on Wednesday night at about 8:00pm. We had just come in for the night after working outside on our fence. The boys were in bed and I went to the washroom, a place I frequent a lot these days. When I went to wipe there was about a teaspoon of pinkish blood on the toilet paper and I FREAKED OUT! Okay maybe not right away but it scared me. I have never bled before with pregnancy, so after a stressful evening of talking to the nurse and friends and family, I resigned myself to wait until morning and call my doctor to request said ultrasound. In the morning there was a little brown blood but that was about it so that eased my mind a bit. I got in to see my doctor at 4:15pm on Thursday afternoon and he did an internal exam to check for bleeding and to make sure my cervix was still closed. No bleeding and cervix closed.. Good sign! He said he wanted to book said ultrasound and here we are... Ultrasound.. new due date.. healthy baby.. a lot less stressed out mommy!!!

It never seems to fail though. Nathan and I seem to have atleast one problem during our pregnancies. With Joel it was a false positive on the triple screen with a high risk for down syndrome which resulted in an amniocentesis at 18 weeks. With Colin he had Choroid Plexis Cysts in his 18 week ultrasound which creates a high risk for Trisomy 18. And this time bleeding and an early ultrasound. I know I am very lucky that I have 2 beautiful healthy children and one on the way so I am not complaining. I have been very blessed, I just wish there didn't always have to be stress involved in getting to that point.

In other news, we set up the boys new room. Temporarily it is Joel's new room, while Colin learns to sleep in a bed. Then in about April Colin will move into the bottom bunk and we will set up the nursery for the new baby. Anyways, I am really happy with the way it all turned out. Here are the results.


I still have a bit more work to do. I want to find a bit more art work and some curtains but that is the main bits.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Im so sorry about your scare, but Im really glad that you got to see your tiny new baby, and the heartbeat, and that everything is ok now! Due dates are so subjective, I dont think it matters if they change it by a couple days. But that's pretty cool that the new date is on your anniversary! Exciting!

I know what you mean about always having some kind of pregnancy-related drama. It never fails.
We also had a choroid plexus cyst with this current pregnancy, shown on ultrasound at 18 weeks... but as of 30 weeks, it has apparently cleared up on its own. Thank Gos!

How fun! I love that the boys room is almost all set up! Im sure theyll love the new arrangements, and the Cars themed things.