Saturday, January 31, 2009

My First Baby

I got this sent to me by a friend on facebook and thought it would be fun to fill out.

1. Were you married at the time?
No

2. What was your reaction when you found out you were pregnant?
Terrified, disappointed, overwhelmed, sad... a whole lot of feelings being that I was 18 at the time and he was most definitely not planned.

3. How old were you?
18

4.How did you find out you were pregnant?
A pregnancy test @ 9 weeks. I thought I just had a bad case of the flu that didn't want to go away, and yes I was a bit naive ;)

5. Who did you tell first?
Nathan.. though he had to ask me straight out what the test said.

6. Did you want to find out the sex?
No... I really like the surprise

7. Due date?
His due date was July 29, 2004

8. Did you deliver early or late?
14 days early

9. Did you have morning sickness?
a bit

10. What did you crave?
I don't really remember having much for cravings with him

11. What irritated you the most?
I am a very irritable pregnant woman.. so a lot of things

12. What was your first child's sex?
Boy

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy?
somewhere between 35 and 40

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
Yes.. we got a false positive on the triple screen test and had to have an amnio to rule out the possibility of down syndrome

15. Where did you give birth?
Misrecordia in Edmonton Alberta

16. How many hours were you in labor?
22

17.Who drove you to the hospital?
Nathan

18 . Did you take medicine to ease the pain?
I had a shot of morphine at first and then about 18 hours in I got an epidural.. oh how i love the epidural

19 . How much did your child weigh?
7 lbs 2oz

20 . What did you name him/her?
Joel Ryan

21. How old is your first born today?
4 years and 6 months

22. Who does your child look like?
His daddy

23. Did you get mad at your husband during labor?
Nope

24. What was your reaction when you held your first baby for the first time?
Joy... and exhaustion

25. Who was with you in the delivery room?
Nathan and my Mom

26. Who were your first visitors?
everyone... there were a lot of people at the hospital waiting for him to be born

27. How long did you spend in the hospital?
1 day

28. Would you change anything in the delivery?
I wish I would have gotten the epidural sooner.

No comments: