Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Blessed.. Even When I Don't See It

I'm not really sure how it happens, but just when I feel like I have had enough and I am frustrated beyond my max capacity my kids make me laugh and everything is right again. Its quite amazing really. Today was a decent day. Joel was his usual pain in the butt self for a good portion of the day. In Fact, at some point in the day I was willing to sell him to the highest bidder. Thankfully no one offered because I very well may have taken them up on the offer.

We headed into our regular Wednesday mom's group. It was really nice. Two of the ladies that attend recently had new babies, the one being so recent that she wasn't even here today. The other one was there though and I had a good snuggle. There is absolutely nothing like the smell and feel of a brand new baby. I can barely wait to have another one of my very own. Though the talk of sleepless nights made me reconsider my plan :). Its always a great time on Wednesdays though. The boys and I really look forward to it. It is our one guaranteed day out of the house and that is always something to celebrate.

After Nathan got home, the four of us headed over to Wal-Mart to pick up some poker chips. I am hoping that I can create a reward system for Joel in order to curb some of the negative behavior he has been having lately. I found a site online that suggested using poker chips. For all good deeds they randomly get rewarded a certain number of chips and at the end of the week can use them to "purchase" certain rewards. Joel absolutely LOVES hot wheels cars, so hopefully that will entice him to listen better. Plus they get chips taken away when they are not listening. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I am really hoping this helps.

I wanted to share a special place that I stumbled upon with all of you that read this. It is a journal of a woman who at 20 weeks pregnant learned that her baby was not going to survive. She had many medical conditions that just would not let her little body handle the harshness of our world. It doesn't sound like it would be a very uplifting story but it really is. I have very rarely witnessed a woman with such strength and faith faced with the most devastating situation. I promise that you will not be disappointed if you take the time to read it. I just ask you start at the very beginning of the story and work your way to present day.. Bring The Rain is the name of it.

Well I am off to watch the baby borrowers. Hopefully it will be as entertaining as the last couple episodes.

Kendra

2 comments:

Kate said...

I read that blog. Oh my goodness talk about cry fest. Wow the strength that she has and the FAITH!! Amazing. If only I could be that strong and immovable.

I swear kids laughter changes everything. Everything in the world could be going wrong, there could be mass chaos every where. And if ONE child laughed, it would seem all right for that split second.

Ha, to quote her blog. It's like their trip to Disney Land and riding the tea cups. For that 1 minute ride all the world seems right and there's complete joy.

I'm glad you could see this blessing and acknowledge it.

Babies are such a blessing, even the late night feedings are wonderful. I enjoyed them so much, up til he started STTN and then stopped. Ha ha ha. I still enjoy when he gets up in the middle of the night and it’s just he and I in the dark, smiling at each other, not saying a word but speaking volumes. I love those moments.

In response to your question:
Yeah Joel and I want more kids. Probably 3 more, we’ll see what the Lord has in store. Two years ago I thought I would only have one kid. I’ve learned now that what I want and what the Lord has planed for me could be two completely different things. So…we would LOVE to welcome 3 more beautiful babies into our home. But we have also talked about if it takes longer than 2 years we are going to celebrate the two children we have right now, and stop trying.

I don’t think that will be too much of a problem though…lol. I have to test, but the way I’ve been feeling this last week has been…..interesting. lol. ;)

Have you guys set a time frame to TTC?

Nicole said...

You know, I HAVE read that blog before, just not in the past few months. It made me cry so hard.... It was all just so sad and bittersweet. Thanks for reminding me of it though, now I can continue the story!

Hey, thanks for adding me to your blogroll too! Youre on mine also. I really love having the links all in one place.