Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Weekend Away

This weekend I got away from home for 2 days with my mom and sisters. We drove up to Drumheller and went to see the passion play. It was incredible! It was so nice to get away for a little while and just recharge. I think every parent needs to do this occasionally. It was so great to hang out with just the girls for a little while.  I love my boys more than life but I find I love them even more when I can just have some me time for a little while.

So we drove down to Drumheller on Friday afternoon. We left about 1 and got there at about 4. We first went to the hotel to check in, only to find out that they had over booked and we ended up having to stay at a much more rustic place. It was alright though because we didn't end up spending much time at all at the hotel, but still irritating since they didn't even compensate us in the least bit. From there we went for dinner and then headed over to the play. It was a gorgeously beautiful day and we couldn't have asked for anything better. Some years it is so hot that people are passing out left and right and they have medics standing by, so we were very lucky. 

The play was fantastic. What a faith boost. Being able to physically see the recreation of the last few years of Jesus was awesome, and very sad and heartbreaking all at the same time. Overall though it was amazing and very spiritually inspiring!

After the play went over to a friend of my mom's. My mom grew up in Drumheller and a couple of the girls she grew up with still live there so we visited with one of them on Friday night and then after breakfast on Saturday we went to visit the other one. Then my mom, 2 of my sisters and I went shopping and bought a few things for our kids. Then we headed back home. I thought we were staying until Sunday, so Nathan had planned to be at his parents the whole weekend. Because of this my mom and I decided to go out for dinner to The Keg and then we rented "Definitely Maybe". It was alright.. a little odd but not the worst movie I have ever seen. Plus it was nice to spend time with just my mom and I.

This morning my mom and I headed to church. I haven't been in a while but have recently decided that I would like to make it a regular habit for our family. I really want to raise the kids in a faith based environment and would love for them to have a foundation in the church. It was a really empty service. It might be just that its summer and a lot of people are away. I'm not really too sure. After the service I came home and Nathan and the boys had gotten home. It was nice to see them and give them their gifts. They were happy to see me too.

So I'm not really sure what we plan to do for the rest of today. Probably just hang around home since it is kind of rainy outside. Spend some time with Nathan before he has to go back to work tomorrow. Thats the worst part about being away this weekend is that I don't get very much time to spend with him now, but it was an awesome weekend and well worth it.

I guess that is long enough today. Gonna go play with the boys and spend some time with my man.

Kendra

No comments: